You may have been a skeptic before, but there’s no reason to continue to be so. The official Angry Boys trailer has been released for fans to obsess over, and it shows that Chris Lilley has no inner voice stopping him from crossing any sort of line comedically (nor should he have).
It will be another ensemble fandom competition to boot. Lilley plays no less than 6 characters himself:
- Central charachters brothers Daniel & Nathan – from rural Australian town, Dunt
- Black hip-hop star S.Mouse
- Local surfing star Blake Oakfield
- Overbearing Japanese mother/manager/child-image-manufacturer Mrs Ozaki
- Boys prison guard Grandma (to Nathan & Daniel)
I was skeptical beforehand – but this seals the deal. Cannot wait…
Angry Boys – Yet to be scheduled, ABC1.