It is coming…
Channel 7 have just announced the initial line up of challenges for the Australian version of Iron Chef.
- Chris Badenoch, former Masterchef contestant, will be joined in Kitchen Stadium by partner Julia Jenkins.
- Dan Hong, Head Chef, Lotus Bistro and Bar Sydney, mixes Asian influences with fresh European flavours and modern cooking techniques.
- Sacha Meier, Head Chef and Manager of Ba Ba Lu Restaurant and Bar, Lorne, Victoria, specialises in Spanish-style food and tapas.
- Judyta Slupnicki, Head Chef and owner, Phore Seasons, Adelaide. Her aim is to take recipes from her homeland of Poland and give them a modern edge.
- Matt Stone, Head Chef, Greenhouse Restaurant, Perth, is passionate about healthy sustainable gourmet food.
- Herb Faust, Head Chef, Scotch College, Perth is known to cook a good curry for 150 boarders and staff.
A great line up to start with, most notably a coup with Chris of #MasterChef series 1 fame. His “nose to tail” method is sure to be a big feature of his challenge. Personally, I hope he is up against Guy Grossi (and wipes the floor with him). I will admit to knowing very little about the other contestants, but I look forward to their intro package on the show explaining their heritage.
This is shaping up to be a cracker of a series.
Iron Chef Australia, 7 Network, Tuesdays 7:30pm.
Image Sources: 7 Network