Christmas is fast approaching, and while there is a lot of television around to spread some yuletide cheer, there’s also a whole bunch of other stuff still worth watching. If you’ve been playing along at home you’ll note this guide tries to highlight some good programming across the spectrum and across tastes. Everything is risk, however the recommendations here are designed to reduce that risk significantly.
- Modern Family (rpt) – Sun & Wed 7:30pm, Ch10
- Who Do You Think You Are (Shane Bourne) – Sun 7:30pm, SBS1
- Glee (rpt) – Mon 7:30pm, Ch10
- The Shield (Two rpt eps) – Mon 9:30pm, 7mate
- Southland – Mon 11:15pm, GEM
- Elf – Tue 7:30pm, GO!
- Raising Hope – Wed 8pm, Ch10
- Rake (series final) – Thu 8:30pm, ABC1
- Carols By Candlelight – Fri 8pm, Ch9
- A Very Specky Christmas – Fri 8:30pm, ABC1
- The Blues Brothers – Sat 11:15pm, Ch10
- Community (Two eps) – Tue 9:30pm, GO!
- Survivor:Nicaraga – Tue 9:30pm(ish), Ch9
- Damage Control – Tue 10:30pm, 7mate
- Sleek Geeks – Thu 8pm, ABC1
- Christmas Lights (rpt) – Fri 10:20pm, ABC1
SECRET TV PLEASURES
- Undercover Boss US – Mon 8:30pm, Ch10
- Stephen Fry in America (rpt) – Mon 8:30pm, ABC1
- Tim Minchin: Ready For This – Tue 8:30pm, ABC2
- Most Shocking: Top 20 – Tue 9:30pm, Ch7
- Batman (featuring Michael Keaton) – Wed 9:30pm, GO!
- Review with Myles Barlow: Christmas – Thu 9:30pm, ABC2
- Back To The Future 3 – Sat 7pm, Ch10
AT YOUR OWN RISK
- Beat The Star (AU) – Thu 7:30pm, Ch7
- The Celebrity Singing Bee – Sat 7:30pm, Ch9
- The Trophy Room – Wed 8:30pm, ABC1
- Warnie – Thu 8:40pm, Ch9
I’ve tried to stay away from the Christmas stuff this week – mainly because I’ve listed it all over here. Special mention to The Trophy Room and Warnie (for opposite reasons) – Peter Helliar & crew are settling into their skins a lot better than Shane Warne is. If TTR continues to improve (and it looks like it might), then it will graduate whereas Warnie is unlikely to ever leave the “Last Chances” list.