Now that’ it’s December and the Cricket and Golf (shudder) have taken over a lot of the screens around you – what is there to watch of note? In previous years the answer was “not much”, however theplethora of digital multi-channels has meant the new off-season battleground is movies and plenty of them. 7Two, 7mate, GO! & GEM, along with the primary channels, are all turning on some good recent films or some amazing classics. They may not replace the daytime desert that TV has become (if you don’t like sport), but they are sure making up for it at night.
There is still, however, some good programming available and you should make the most of it. As long as you like Christmas shows & movies – man, is there a tonne of that. Expect more in the weeks to come, too.
- Glee – Mon 7:30pm, Ch10
- The Shield (Two eps) – Mon 8:30pm, 7mate
- Southland – Mon 10:30pm, GEM
- Modern Family – Wed 7:30pm, Ch10
- Raising Hope – Wed 8pm, Ch10
- Recruits – Thu 8pm, Ch10
- The Birdcage – Thu 9pm, 7Two
- Back To The Future – Sat 6:30pm, Ch10
- The Office UK Christmas special (part 2) – Sun 10pm, ABC2
- Watchmen: The Complete Motion Comic – Sun 11:30pm, GO!
- The Goodies: Almost Live – Mon 8:05pm, ABC2
- Community (Two eps) – Tue 9:30pm, GO!
- Survivor:Nicaraga – Tue 9:30pm(ish), Ch9
- Sleek Geeks – Thu 8pm, ABC1
- The Party – Fri 9:20pm, GO!
SECRET TV PLEASURES
- Telstra V8 Supercar Championship (Telstra 500) – Sun 12 midday, Ch7
- Mission:Impossible 3 – Sun 8:30pm, GO!
- Undercover Boss US – Mon 8:30pm, Ch10
- Stephen Fry in America – Mon 8:30pm, ABC1
- Good Game Game Awards (1hr special) – Mon 8:35pm, ABC2
- Fringe – Wed 8:30pm, GO!
AT YOUR OWN RISK
- Who Do You Think You Are (AU) – Sun 7:30pm, SBS1
- Learn India with Hamish & Andy – Sun 7:30pm, Ch10
- Meet Dave – Fri 7:30pm, GO!
- The Celebrity Singing Bee – Sat 7:30pm, Ch9
- Rake – Thu 8:30pm, ABC1
The advertising for Eleven has started in earnest too. From 11/1/11 we’ll have Channel 10’s new entertainment focused digital multi with some great content (Californication, The Office US, etc)… which will only put the wind up GO! & 7Two all that much more. Perhaps this may see the start of a resurgence in the Ch10 brand? Be prepared, people.