The second week in the non-ratings break (Week 18), and if the networks could have shifted the period so that their efforts on the Royal Wedding were included in the ratings… Across the networks there are all forms of coverage (but I’ll save that for a separate post). In the meantime, a couple of the networks are starting early to get your attention ahead of next week’s ratings starting again. It’s all so very confusing… but because of it there’s some great shows to start watching again.
Just don’t forget MasterChef starts again next Sunday, AND the Logies too. So much television. So little time. But, until next week…
- Biggest Loser Australia: Families – Sun 6:30pm; Mon/Wed/Thu/Fri 7:30pm, Ch10
- 60 Minutes – Sun 7:30pm, Ch9
- Modern Family (rpt) – Sun 7:30pm, Ch10
- Bondi Rescue – Sun 8pm, Ch10
- Paper Giants (both eps rpt) – Sun 8:30pm, ABC2
- Harry’s Law – Sun 10:30pm, Ch9
- Mythbusters – Mon 7:30pm, SBS one
- Media Watch – Mon 9:15pm, ABC1
- Q&A – Mon 9:35pm, ABC1
- Talkin’ ‘Bout Your Generation – Tue 7:30pm, Ch10
- AFP – Mon 8pm, Ch9
- Winners & Losers – Tue 8:30pm, Ch7
- Sea Patrol: Damage Control – Mon 8:30pm, Ch9
- The Office (US) – Tue 9pm, Eleven
- MOVIE: The Birdcage – Tue 9:30pm, 7Two
- Adam Hills In Gordon St Tonight – Wed 8:30pm, ABC1
- East West 101 – Wed 8:30pm, SBS one
- Detroit 1-8-7 – Wed 9:30pm, Ch7
- Hungry Beast – Wed 9:30pm, ABC1
- Party Down – Thu 8:30pm, ABC2
- The Chaser’s Royal Wedding – Fri 7pm, ABC2
- MOVIE: Bill & Ted’s Bogus Journey – Fri 9:15pm, GO!
- Celebrate Will & Kate: The Wedding Circle – Fri 9:30pm, Ch10
- RocKwiz – Sat 9:20pm, SBS one
- A Quiet Word With… Rob Sitch – Sat 9:30pm, ABC1
- Fawlty Towers – Sun 6:30pm, 7Two
- Compass – Sun 10pm, ABC1
- CNNNN (rpt) – Sun 11pm, 7mate
- Deadwood (rpt) – Mon 9:30pm, ABC2
- Warehouse Comedy Festival – Tue 9pm, ABC2
- Hoarders – Tue 8:30pm, GEM
- Man Made Marvels – Thu 8:30pm, 7mate
- MOVIE: Project: ALF – Sun 12:05am, Ch7
SECRET TV PLEASURES
- Hawaii Five-O – Sun 8:30pm, Ch10
- The Mentalist – Sun 8:30pm, Ch9
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – Weekdays 5:30pm, ABC3
- 6:30 with George Negus – Weeknights 6:30pm, Ch10
- The 7pm Project – Weeknights 7pm, Ch10
- ANZAC Day from the MCG/ANZAC Day Match – Mon 12noon, Ch10/ONE
- Winter Wipeout – Mon 7:30pm, GO!
- CSI – Mon 8:30pm, Ch9
- Good Game – Tue 8:30pm, ABC2
- Survivor: Redemption Island – Tue 8:30pm, GO!
- The Game Plan – Thu 8:30pm, One
- NRL – Fri 8:30pm/10:30pm, Ch9
- MOVIE: Lost In Space – Sat 6:30pm, GO!
AT YOUR OWN RISK
- Bones – Sun 8:30pm, Ch7
- Castle – Sun 9:30pm, Ch7
- Everyday Gourmet – Weekdays 4pm, Ch10
- On The Buses – Weeknights 7pm, 7Two
- 2011 Melbourne International Comedy Festival Great Debate – Mon 8:30pm, Ch10
- MOVIE: The Tender Hook – Mon 9:45pm, Ch10
- CSI: Miami – Mon 9:30pm, Ch9
- Grey’s Anatomy – Thu 8:30pm, Ch7
- The Cape – Fri 8:30pm, 7mate
DO. NOT. BOTHER.
- Million Dollar (Droop?) Drop – Wed 7:30pm, Ch9
- Top Gear – Mon 9:30pm, Ch9
- Cougar Town – Tue 10:30pm, Ch7
- Hellcats – Tue 7:30pm, GO!
- The Amazing Race – Wed 6:30pm, 7mate
- Desperate Housewives – Thu 9:30pm, Ch7
- NRL Footy Show – Thu 9:30pm, Ch9
- Better Homes and Gardens – Tue 7:30pm, Ch7
- 30 Rock – Thu 11:30pm, Ch7
- The Event – Fri 9:30pm, 7mate
So, this Friday night, apparently there’s a Royal Wedding on. If you want to know more about it, I’m publishing a Royal Wedding Guide Helper tomorrow. Enjoy it how you want to.
AFP & Sea Patrol: Damage Control kick off this week for Channel 9, anxious that they take hold before the start of ratings again next week. Sea Patrol used to regularly claim 1.2m viewers per episode… it will be interesting to see if it does the same this year, both given the changes to the TV landscape AND that it’s up against Winners and Losers. Some are saying it’s harsh to run two Aussie dramas against each other (and I somewhat agree). But, after all, all is fair in love and ratings.
If you’re bored on Monday night at 7:30pm, Wipeout returns to GO! with new episodes… and they are hilarious. Hosts/commetators John Henson and John Anderson have redefined the genre of reality TV sports calling. It’s mindless and it’s hilarious. This series is winter themed, so expect insanity from a show owned by a Dutch company, filmed in Argentina, and made for the American market.