HAPPY NEW YEAR! January television looks to be: Tennis (Brisbane International – Ch7), Cricket (The Sydney Ashes Test – Australia v England – Ch9) & Tennis (Hopman Cup – Ch10). Don’t say you weren’t warned. I did offer some great alternatives last week.
That said, there’s still some great television to watch & get involved with, and some good movies (even if they are repeats). There are some real risks, too, but that’s just my take on things. The new ratings period cannot come quickly enough… If only for the disasters it will bring.
- Modern Family (rpt) – Sun & Wed 7:30pm, Ch10
- Glee (rpt) – Mon 7:30pm, Ch10
- The Shield (Two rpt eps) – Mon 9:30pm, 7mate
- Southland – Mon 10:50pm, GEM
- Raising Hope – Wed 8pm, Ch10
- Wolf Creek (rpt) – Fri 9:55pm, GO!
- ADbc (rpt – maybe) – Sun 6pm, SBS2
- Community (Two eps) – Tue 9:30pm, GO!
- Monty Python: Almost the Truth – The Lawyer’s Cut (part 1) (rpt) – Wed 9:30pm, ABC2
- Grand Designs (rpt) – Wed 11:35pm, ABC1
- Fiddler On The Roof (rpt) – Sat 8:35pm, ABC2
SECRET TV PLEASURES
- Billy Connolly: Journey To The Edge Of The World (rpt) – Sun 6:30pm, Ch7
- Fletch (rpt) – Sun 8:30pm, 7mate
- The 7pm Project – Weeknights 7pm, Ch10
- Stephen Fry in America (rpt) – Mon 8:30pm, ABC1
- Most Shocking: Top 20 – Tue 9:30pm, Ch7
- The Trophy Room – Wed 8:30pm, ABC1
AT YOUR OWN RISK
- Who Do You Think You Are (Georgie Parker) – Sun 7:30pm, SBS1
- Minute To Win It USA – Tue 7:30pm, Ch7
- High Road, Low Road – Wed 8pm, Ch7
- Fat & Fatter – Wed 8:30pm, ABC2
- Beat The Star (AU) – Thu 7:30pm, Ch7
- Bionic Vet – Thu 8pm, ABC1
- Big J’s place – Sat 11:30am, 7mate
- The Cube – Sat 7:30pm, Ch9
- The Simpsons – Weeknights 6pm, Ch10
- Neighbours – Weeknights 6:30pm, Ch10
Rachael Finch has shown the past few weeks on Sunrise that she’s more than capable in holding her own as a presenter. The cynical amongst us might think that was to prepare us for the premiere of High Road, Low Road, a new travel show from Ch7 in which she shares hosting duties with Tom Williams (you know – that guy that did the 7Two ads). Also important to note this is your last week to watch The Simpsons & Neighbours on Ch10 before they move to Eleven next week, with the long awaited News changes starting on January 25. Lots expected of both 6pm with George Negus and then the 6:30 News. The jury is still well and truly out on Big J’s Place too.
By the way, we won’t be seeing the last episode of Warnie. Poor us. How ever will we cope? Oh look – something shiny…